What does your foyer say about your home? Does it set the tone and catch your visitor’s eye? Or is it a catch all area and a room you want to hurry your guests through?
On any project I am working on, I always look for ways to make a statement and create warmth in the foyer. This is the first impression of your home, and you want to make a good one.
Below is a video I shot with Wendy Garner talking about how to transform this overlooked space. Click here for a few tips.
Here’s a quick recap of a few quick suggestions I make in the video:
1. Add a piece of furniture and or seating (preferably something with fabric) to soften the space.
2. Make the space personal- Add your favorite piece of artwork, or a frame with a sepia photo. etc
3. Make the space useful- Depending on the size, create a place to sit to put on your shoes or at the very least add a tray to catch your keys.
4. Include something fresh such as flowers or a plant.
5. Layer the space with accessories to create dimension and to make it look like it has evolved over time.
Hope you find these tips helpful. If you try them, let me know the difference they make.
Have a great day, everyone, and here’s to making your foyer makes a good first impression.
Come see what we have to say on a day to day basis at DWI!
Facebook- Dana Wolter Interiors