It’s always fun to go back to a finished project and see how a client is LIVING in the home.
I am always amazed at how your surroundings can completely revamp how you feel and live.
After all, #LivingWell in your home is about making your home work for you and your family. Making it special to you.
We made a two day visit to professionally photograph this home, and I loved seeing the hustle and bustle of everyday life for them. This family of five stays on the go, and their home needs to work hard for them.
Southern style at its best- spaces that invite guests in to visit, spaces that are workhorses for their needs, and in the end are just really pretty rooms.
I think we succeeded in making it just that….
It is their forever home, but when they bought it a year ago, there wasn’t much to it that made it feel like it was their own.
While I can’t show you the full room pictures, I can give you a glimpse….
You might have seen this picture of the foyer on My Instagram that I posted last week, or this one today……
And here are a few more……..
If you feel like your home isn’t helping you make the most of your life and your family’s, email us here. Let us help you #LiveWell in your home, too.
Are there other ladies out there who despise bathing suit shopping as much as me?
I was in St. Thomas last week, and as I wore my old bathing suits, I decided to make it a priority to find a few I felt comfortable in for the next beach trip.
I thought I would share a few that stood out to me. Hopefully, you too will see something that you like and makes you feel good. Prices range from $39 to $225.
1 Ted Baker Plunge One Piece Swimsuit $139 This plunging neckline, one-piece swimsuit is a classic that is also daring. Available in three colors, though you can never go wrong with black. Buy here.
2. Robin Piccone Harper Cover-Up Tunic $98 Airy and easy for the beach is this semi-sheer cover up. I love that it has the open shoulder, which is a popular look this season. Buy here.
3. Ted Baker Ruffle One-Piece $169 This asymmetrical ruffle suit is unique yet classic. To me, it looks more expensive than it is. Buy here.
4. L Space Ridin’ High Serina Rib Bikini Top and Bottoms $183 Still rockin’ the bikini? Sleek and simple with a stylish high neck top, this is a good one. With people mixing bikinis these days, you can always put the top with bottoms that offer more coverage if needed. Buy the pieces here and here.
5. Elan V-Back Cover-Up Maxi Dress $58 I love the versatility of this dress. It’s light weight and easy to throw on for the beach or for lunch. Buy here.
6. Halogen Straw Panama Hat $39 The older I become, the more important I realize it is to cover my face while in the sun. I am not a sun goddess-my white skin gives me away. A hat has become a must have for me while at the beach or the pool, and I love how the versatility (and price) of this one. Buy here.
7. Robin Piccone Side Split Cover-Up Pants $78 These chic pants can take you from the beach to lunch in no time.Buy here.
8. Linum Herringbone Striped Turkish Towel $34 You can’t go wrong with a Turkish towel, and this one can be worn as a sorong or used as a towel. It comes in seven different colors. Buy here.
9. Ted Baker Halter One-Piece $149 This bathing suit comes in two colors and has a gold embellishment at the top to give a more dressy feel. Buy here.
10. Halogen Floppy Hat $39 This wide-brimmed, floppy sun hat is a staple for any summer wardrobe-and at a great price point. Buy here.
11. Vix Swimwear Cover-Up Caftan $163 Instantly get into beach mode with this light weight cover-up that goes with anything. Buy here.
12.Tory Burch ‘Lipsi’ Underwire One-Piece $225 This color-blocked swimsuit is classic in style and has a fun pattern. Buy here.
13. Robin Piccone Ava Bikini Top $110 This fun, flirty bikini top with cut outs is cute and fresh. Buy here.
14. Hinge ZigZag Woven Sun Hat $49 Like a subtle pattern? This hat is for you with its black and white zigzag pattern. Buy here.
15. MiracleSuit Jena One-Shoulder One-Piece $162 This is my favorite bathing suit in this post, and I plan on ordering it myself. I love how it isn’t a full one piece, but it gives more coverage than a bikini. It also looks more expensive than its price point. Buy here.
Let me know what you think of these options and if any appeal to you. Hopefully, the next time you see me at the beach, I will look a little more stylish than my past trip.
Like what you see? Connect with us on a daily basis….
With summer in full swing and warm weather here to stay, I find myself wanting to spend a little more time outdoors.
Maybe it’s the Southerner in me, but I love the idea of grilling, sharing a meal, or even drinking my morning coffee outside.
Every home should have an outdoor area. It doesnt have to be large, just big in style to invite you to sit down and relax.
I always try to soften an outdoor area so it feels like an extension of a client’s home. Don’t be afraid to add accents and traditional indoor furnishings to your outdoor room. Outdoor upholstery, throw pillows for furniture, rugs, and other design touches will create a welcoming feel. Below is a picture of my own outdoor space. As you can see, I have kept a similar color palate to the inside of my house and just added some greenery and pops of color in my throw pillows.
With all of the hard surfaces you find on a terrace, greenery is always a nice way to soften the space as well. I am a big fan of succulents because they are EASY to maintain and a great way to add texture to a table.
I would love to hear how you’ve brought the indoors out at your home.
It’s time to light up the grill, hit the beach or pool, and buy some fireworks because it is the week of the Fourth of July!
I’m celebrating the holiday at the beach with my family and am looking forward to some rest and relaxation. Lots of family, friends, and making some good memories.
Happy Fourth of July,
Please take a second and vote here for the New Trad designer’s style you like best. It is quick and easy, only takes a second, and I hope you will vote for us. Every time you cast a vote, you enter a chance to win $1,000 from Hunter Douglas. Voting ends July 17th.
If you would like to see more on a day to day basis of what we do at DWI, join us! We would love to meet you!!
My husband, daughters, and I met my family at my parent’s cabin to celebrate Father’s Day. I am one of five children, so to arrange for all of us to be in the same place at the same time, is not always an easy feat.
And there’s not a better cure than completely unplugging… and heading to the beach…..which I did last week.
Talk about rejuvenation!
So, with sand, sun, and stress-free days on my mind, I’m motivated to incorporate more relaxation into my daily life.
Best way to do this? Bring it into the home! Beach-inspired living doesn’t mean you have to have sand for flooring, but a few details here and there work.
I love accessorizing with coral, driftwood, and shells, not only because of their color, but also for the texture they provide.
I also love the Regina Andrew line and the shells they sell! So gorgeous.
Have you ever been in a beach house that is dark and dreary? No, and there is a reason for it. Keep the interiors light, bright, and pay attention to the detail. (i.e. Check out the planking below! Love it!)
See if you can’t bring some of your vacation home with you, as I intend — in home-style and lifestyle. You may be surprised by what you fall in love with — like, your life? — but a more relaxed, kick-backed version!