Last week, I had the opportunity to do live segment for ABC3340’s “Talk of Alabama“. It’s been several months since I have taped a design segment, and I forgot how much I enjoy it. It was a lot of fun!
In case some of you are wanting a quick overview of what I discussed, here are a few of the tips I shared.
And guess what?! The first two suggestions are won’t cost you a dime!
1. Clean out. I am a big believer that if you are not using or don’t love something, get rid of it. Life is too short to surround yourself with things that you don’t love or enjoy. You’ll be amazed at how much better a space looks when clutter is contained.
2. Arrange a new floor plan. After you clean out, access how your room flows. If it doesn’t seem right, move your furniture around and create a new arrangement. Your room will feel like a new one when you do this, and hopefully the space will function better for you and your family (which is always the goal!!).
3. Paint. This seems so simple but it’s truly the best and most economical way to make a big impact. Color is hot right now, so consider going bold in a small room or space.
4. Add sheers. I love sheers because of the texture they provide, and Iuse them in quite a few of my projects. Regardless of the price point of the fabric, you’ll save money by not having to line them, and usually the labor is much less, too. Sheers are perfect for the window with a gorgeous view, but just needs some softness around it.
5. Accessorize. Buy new pillows, artwork or a throw. These tend to be easy ways to completely change the look of a room.
Watch the segment below as there are a few more specifics not listed above (make sure you notice the beautiful pillows Suite Dreams in Mountain Brook let us borrow!).
Let me know what you think as I would love to hear from you!
Have a good one-
Facebook- Dana Wolter Interiors