I sense a change is taking place… People are tired, tired of feeling exhausted and stressed.
It is time to slow down and enjoy life more. Find a balance.
Because life is short, embracing the good and surrounding yourself with positive, healthy ways of living are more important than ever.
Don’t get me wrong. I am the first to get caught up in everyday life. Little things, that in the big scheme, don’t mean much.
But if we can make healthy changes in our home that have a positive impact on our quality of life, isnt this a good thing?
Here are five, easy, design ideas to create a healthy home, and therefore, a happy life. Here goes:
1. If you don’t love something in your home or aren’t using it, get rid of it. Clean out, pair down, and keep only what speaks to you and brings you joy.
End of sentence. Period.
2. Assign a purpose for every room in your home. Every single room, even the little “catch-all” closet. What exactly is the closet going to store?
3. LIVE in your home and ENJOY. No more off-limit rooms or saving your china just for special occasions… Use the dishes one night for dinner, just because…..
4. Make your home a reflection of you. Do you like a little edge but your home doesnt quite capture who you are or how you want to reflect your style? Reach out to a designer and hire someone who can turn your vision into reality. Ask around and check with their references to make sure their style, type of budget they work with, and their personality are a good fit for you.
5. Create a space somewhere in your home that makes you feel calm and relaxed. It doesn’t have to be big space- maybe it is a corner in a room with a chair, a blanket, and a table to place your morning coffee. Do a little self care and create a spot to call your own.
Hope these five design ideas help you create a healthy home, and therefore bring a little happiness into your life. Let me know what you think-
To see more of what we are doing on a daily basis, click to follow along…
Facebook- Dana Wolter Interiors