I have been talking a lot lately about the importance of making your home one you love, and your bedroom is the perfect spot to begin.
Your bedroom should be a room that allows you to #livewell by surrounding yourself with things that help you relax and rejuvenate.
Here are six must-follow bedroom design ideas for creating a room you love.
1. Use colors that SPEAK to you: I normally keep colors in the bedroom soft because I need tranquility in my life (Ha!), but if a bright color speaks to you, then certainly use it.
2. Mix your Furniture Pieces for a Collected Look. Gone are the days of matching bedroom sets, so mix your finishes. This means strategically including stained woods, painted finishes, iron and metals that blend with your color palette.
3. Layer- Bedrooms can have quite a few hard surfaces, so it is important to add softness through a rug, window treatments, pillows, bedding, etc…
4. Add in the personal. Incorporate touches that are personal to you, such as your favorite photographs and artwork.
5. Keep it simple… Don’t clutter or overcrowd your bedroom with too much stuff. Make sure the room can breathe, so you can as well.
6. Incorporate seating. While you don’t want to overcrowd, I always try to add some sort of seating in a bedroom. A place to lounge is ideal if you aren’t quite ready to curl up in bed.
A leather or upholstered chair are pieces that can enhance a bedroom space and make it feel like your very own private suite. #Livewell in your home by making it your own.
Bedrooms should have all of the things in it that you love. It should be the place you cannot wait to get to at the end of your day or sneak off to when you just need a moment to yourself.
If you want help or need guidance on how to make your bedroom feel like its very own getaway, email us here.
Here’s to creating a bedroom you love and #livingwell in your home.
Like what you see? Follow us on social media:
Facebook- Dana Wolter Interiors
Pinterest- Dana Wolter Interiors