I have been talking a lot lately about the importance of making your home your own. #Livingwell and creating a home around what is important to you.
A bedroom is the perfect room to create a spot to call your own – a place that allows you to relax and surround yourself with things you love.
I’ve come up with six tips for creating a bedroom special to you. Here goes:
1. Use colors that SPEAK to you: I normally keep colors in the bedroom soft because I need tranquility in my life (Ha!), but if a bright color speaks to you, then certainly use it.
2. Mix your Furniture Pieces for a Collected Look. Gone are the days of matching bedroom sets, so mix your finishes.
3. Layer- Bedrooms can have quite a few hard surfaces, so it is important to add softness through a rug, window treatments, pillows, bedding, etc…
4. Incorporate things that you love, such as favorite photographs and artwork.
5. Keep it simple… Don’t clutter or overcrowd your bedroom with too much stuff. Make sure the room can breathe, so you can as well.
6. Find a place to sit. While you don’t want to overcrowd, I always try to add some sort of sitting in a bedroom. A place to lounge if you aren’t quite ready to curl up in bed.
A leather or upholstered chair to cozy up in to finish that book you started are pieces that can enhance a bedroom space and make it feel like your very own private suite. #Livingwell in your home by making it your own.
Bedrooms should have all things in it that you love. It should be the place you cannot wait to get to at the end of your day or sneak off to when you just need a moment to yourself.
If you want help or need guidance on how to make your bedroom feel like its very own getaway, email us here.
Here’s to creating a bedroom you love and #livingwell in your home.
Like what you see? Follow us on social media:
Facebook- Dana Wolter Interiors
Pinterest- Dana Wolter Interiors