Posts Tagged ‘Alabama’
Five Ways To Make An Impact in A Powder Room
Maybe you like to play it safe with the interiors of your home, because, after all, your home is an investment and it’s expensive to make changes.
But if you are looking for a place to go bold and daring, the powder room is the perfect spot.
It’s all about the details in the powder room, and just because its the smallest room in your house, doesn’t mean it can’t have the most impact.
Below are five ways to make your powder a really special room:
1. Add a dramatic color or a unique wallpaper.
2. Make the powder room as cozy as possible. In my book, the smaller the better, as long as everything is to scale and can fit nicely into the space.
3. Select unique lighting. Incorporate a sconce or two, and if overhead lighting is a must, select a unique chandelier that fits the space.
4. Make the sink as special as you can. I love using marble to create a vessel, and it also adds some texture to the space.
5. Accessorize. Pull in pretty linens such as a hand towel and use special soaps. Fresh flowers instantly brighten the space, and cost very little to do so.
Make the smallest room in your house have the most impactful. Because powder rooms are used only briefly, they are the ideal place for drama and beautiful style. Their small scale allows you to indulge in lavish materials and bold effects that you might not dare otherwise.
Go ahead– take the risk, and be sure to let me know how it turns out.
Connect with us….
Facebook- Dana Wolter Interiors
Friday Favorite- Birmingham Style Giveaway
For today’s Friday Favorite, I am sharing the must-have coffee table book, Birmingham Style, produced by Birmingham Home and Garden .
As mentioned in a previous post, this book highlights the best design in Birmingham, Alabama. There is a lot of talent in the city I call home, and I am honored to be included in this publication.
It is a collection of projects offering inspiration, ideas, and resources for readers who want to find their own style through images of beautiful homes and gardens.
Because I love this first-of-its-kind book for my city, and I know you will too, I am giving away two copies.
To enter into the drawing, you must first subscribe to my blog (if you have not already) and share this post on Instagram and/or Facebook. I will give a book away to one new subscriber and one to another person who shares this post.
Note, if you share this post and one of your friends shares it from you, not only will they be entered into the drawing, you will be entered two times. Make sure to tag me so I know the post has been shared by you. The winners will be announced next Wednesday.