I sense a change is taking place… People are tired- tired of feeling exhausted, hurried and stressed.
Surrounding yourself with a home you love and feels good to you is more important now than ever before. A place to relax and close out the chaos of everyday life.
Here are 5 easy ways to create home you love (without spending a dime):
1. If you don’t love something in your home or aren’t using it, get rid of it. Clean out, pare down, and keep only what speaks to you and brings you joy.
End of sentence. Period.
2. Assign a purpose for every room in your home. Every single room, even the little “catch-all” closet. What exactly is the closet going to store?
3. LIVE in your home and ENJOY. No more off-limit rooms or saving your china just for special occasions… Use the dishes one night for dinner, just because…..
4. Make your home a reflection of you. Do you like a little edge but your home doesn’t quite capture who you are or how you want to reflect your style?
Take some time to think through what makes you smile, what helps you relax, what is important to you. Once you discover what these are, find ways to incorporate into your home.
5. Create a space somewhere in your home that makes you feel calm and relaxed. It doesn’t have to be big space- maybe it is a corner in a room with a chair, a blanket, and a table to place your morning coffee.
My spot is on my kitchen banquette, where I drink my morning coffee, every single morning…
Don’t get me wrong. I am the first to get caught up in everyday life. Little things, that in the big scheme, don’t mean much.
But if we can make simple changes to our home that impact our quality of life so we live well in our home, isn’t this a good thing?
Hope these 5 easy ways to create a home you love helps you enjoy your home a little more. Let me know what you think-
P.S. To see more of what we are doing on a daily basis, click to follow along…
Facebook- Dana Wolter Interiors