I have had several people ask me this week to come up with a Christmas gift guide for teenage/college-aged boys.
I don’t claim to know a lot about boys this age as I have all girls, but I am not afraid to ask people who do. Several boy moms (you know who you are- thank you!) delivered, and I think they gave me some great suggestions. Their suggestions are not only great looking, but they are great quality and are durable. Items that will last, season after season…..
The price points range from $38.95- $399. Here goes:
1. Yeti ‘Hopper’ Cooler – This Yeti soft cooler is leakproof, lightweight and holds a ton (20 quarts). According to my boy-mom experts, this is a super popular gift for boys. And for all men in your life. It has a strap and handles for easy transport, and the Yeti brand is known for its quality. Buy it for $299 here.
2. Bose ‘SoundLink’ Bluetooth Mobile Speaker – This Bose mobile speaker is a gift that is perfect for anyone (male or female) who loves music on the go. It has a 30 foot range, a battery that lasts for 14 hours, and is lightweight to carry. Buy it for $269 here.
3. Vineyard Vines ‘Whale Club’ Leather and Canvas Belt – This brass buckle, small whale print belt comes in three different colors. Classic look for when a boy needs to clean up. Buy it for $49.50 here.
4. Patagonia ‘Synchilla Snap T’ Fleece Pullover -Who doesn’t love a great Patagonia fleece pullover? We do! My daughter has been known to “borrow” my husband’s a time or two, leaving him without one to throw on. They also wear well and last forever. It comes in five colors, with the navy being my favorite. Buy it for $99 here.
5. Sorel Men’s Cheyanne Lace Boots – Sorels are a big hit this Christmas as I know from experience the women’s versions have been hard for stores to keep in stock. They are made of waterproof leather, they are comfortable, AND they have a great, casual look. Buy them for $103-$135 here.
6. Barbour ‘Ashby’ Jacket – Isn’t this casual jacket handsome? I love that it can we worn all year round as it’s weatherproof, waxed, and durable, too. Buy it for $399 here.
7. Filson Medium Duffel Bag This duffle may be my favorite thing on the list. It has leather handles, it’s made out of industrial weight cotton twill fabric, and you can buy other pieces each year to match it. I was told by one guy that he has had his since he was 16, and he is now in his 20s. Buy it for $345 here.
8. Yeti Colster This Yeti stocking stuffer is perfect for taking a can or bottled drink on the go. It’s stainless steel, sweat proof, and extremely popular with the college-aged boys (or so I am told). Buy it for $38.95 here.
Hope these ideas for Christmas help you with the teenage/college boy in your life. I think my friends with boys did a great job of coming up with some pretty good gifts this year. Think durability and quality! Let me know what you end up selecting-